The 2015 Call for Proposals Process is now CLOSED.
Investment Framework and Call for Proposals Information Sessions
Our Investment Framework and Call for Proposals Information Sessions were held November 5-13, 2014. Recent decisions and our investment approach were discussed in greater detail. All relevant information can be found on the website and the 2015 Call for Proposals Guidebook -Phase I - Request for Investment.
- That a staggered approach by focus area would be applied for our future Call for Proposals process;
- That the Priority Goal review and Investment cycles would be aligned; and
- That extension of funding would be applied to existing funding agreements when appropriate as we align the two cycles.
- Invest Resources where they are needed the most and where they will have the greatest impact.
- Invest to make a measurable difference in the community.
- Invest in a range of strategies to advance the priority goals including front line programs and services, convening, research and speaking up.
- Invest in accordance with the evoluntion of the priority goals that reflect the needs of the community.
- Invest to promote collaborative efforts to advance the priority goals.
- Community Wide Initiatives - ex: EARN, Hire Immigrants Ottawa - HIO, Ottawa Child and Youth Initiative
- Targeted Community Investments - donor driven, ex. Enhanced Homework Clubs
- Strategic investment - ex. 2-1-1
- Testamentary Funds - undesignated funds bequeathed to United Way managed by Community Services Cabinet. These are one time investments.
Proposal Writing Workshops
- A brief overview of United Way’s Focus Areas and Priority Goals;
- An outline of standard proposal content;
- An overview on how to develop program/project indicators; and
- Hands-on proposal writing practice.