Working at United Way Ottawa
Give - Speak up - Take Action
Would you like to work with community leaders to improve people’s lives and make a positive impact in our city? Do you share a commitment to making Ottawa a better place in which to live, work and play? In a vibrant, diverse and family-friendly workplace, join us in a common desire to bring people and resources together to build a strong, healthy, safe community for all.
- Become a part of our success.
- Share our passion for helping others.
- Build a community … change a life – yours!
- Work with talented, dedicated people.
- Work in a team environment.
What we offer you
United Way is committed to being a best employer and offering those elements that contribute to workplace satisfaction and engagement.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Extended Health Care Group Insurance Flex Plan, including medical and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit staff pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with matching contributions from United Way
Sickness and disability benefits:
- Sick Leave: Short-term sick leave benefits are provided in the event of a non-occupational illness or injury
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: Continuing income is provided in the event of total disability. This insurance is available under the health and dental insurance plan to permanent employees only.
- Generous annual leave
- Summer hours
- Twelve annual paid statutory holidays
** The eligibility requirements and plan coverage vary depending on status and length of service.
We also provide:
- A safe and healthy workplace
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellness activities
- Staff Committee
- Green Committee